Come and experience how people have been travelling for over 100 years on this unique and historical Llandudno institution.
The journey begins at Victoria Station, a short distance from Llandudno’s seaside and pier. Climb aboard one of our beautifully restored tramcars and start your ascent through the winding roads of the Great Orme.
What you need to know before you come
- You can only buy tickets from Victoria Station. Tickets are not available at the Halfway Station or the Summit Station.
- It is not possible to book tickets in advance.
- Please stick to the 2m social distancing rule while you are waiting for the tram.
- Only a maximum of 24 passengers will be able to travel in each tramcar. This is to make sure that we keep passengers and staff safe.
- You must wear a face covering at the station and while travelling on the tram, unless you are medically exempt.
- Please follow all instructions given by the tramway staff. These are for your safety.
What happens when I arrive at Victoria Station?
- Follow the signed route into the station.
- A member of staff will call the first group of up to 24 passengers in the queue to buy tickets from the ticket office. You can buy a single or return ticket.
- When the platform boarding space is free, our staff will direct you towards the tramcar. The tram attendant will help you to board. We’re sorry you won’t be able to choose your seat – seats will be allocated and filled from the back of the tram towards the front.
What happens at Halfway Station?
- You will change trams at Halfway Station. Please follow the instructions to walk through the station to the upper platform.
- Passengers on the downwards tram will be kept separate and accompanied to the lower platform.
- We’re sorry that we are not able to offer journey breaks at Halfway Station. You will need to board the tram at Victoria Station or Summit Station.
What happens at the Summit Station?
- When you arrive at the Summit Station, you will leave the tram in a one way system and be directed to the exit. Please follow the tram attendant’s instructions.
What happens on the return journey from Summit Station to Victoria Station?
- Because there are no set times for return tickets, you may have to wait at the Summit Station. A member of staff will keep you updated on waiting times. Please allow plenty of time for your return journey.
- A member of staff will call the first group of up to 24 waiting passengers waiting and direct you towards the tramcar. The tram attendant will help you to board. We’re sorry you won’t be able to choose your seat – seats will be allocated and filled from the back of the tram towards the front.
- At the Halfway Station, you will change trams. Please follow the instructions to walk through the station to the lower platform. To keep passengers separate, there will be a brief wait while passengers on the upwards tram move to the upper platform.
- When you arrive at Victoria Station, please follow staff instructions to leave the tram and exit the station.